How it works:
- Use our tool below to get a rough estimate for how much your device is worth.
- In store: trade in your device and use the credit to lower your monthly device payment or purchase accessories. Find a store
- Online: Once you have purchased a new phone or completed a hardware upgrade online, you can also trade in your old device online. A payment (in the form of a bill credit) will be applied to your Virgin Plus account. Shop for phones or log in to My Account
Heads up: The below tool provides a preliminary estimate for your device. To determine the final trade-in value, visit a Virgin Plus store or submit an online trade-in request.
What you need to do before trading in:
- Back up your personal info and reset your device.
- Remove your SIM card and memory card.
- Charge the battery.
If you're already a Member, check if you're eligible then head to your nearest Virgin Plus store or start an online trade-in.
Good to know:
- You have to be 18 years of age or older.
- You have to be the legal owner of the device that you want to trade in.
- Maximum 1 device per trade-in.
- For new activations and upgrades completed in the last 30 days.
- $700 trade-in value based on trading an iPhone 12 Pro Max 512 GB.
Got questions? We can help.
What is the Virgin Plus Trade-in program?
The Virgin Plus Trade-in program allows you to save when you trade in your old phone. You will receive a trade-in certificate for an amount equal to the verified value of your device, based on its make, model and condition. A payment (in the form of a bill credit) will be applied to your Virgin Plus account within 2–3 billing cycles.
How do I trade in my device?
You have the option to trade-in your phone in store or online.
In store: You may trade-in your device at participating Virgin Plus stores.
Online: You have two options for trading in your device online, if you have completed an activation or hardware upgrade within the last 30 days:
New activation: Click on the link to the online portal here
Hardware upgrade: Log in to My Account and click on the Trade-in banner.
Heads up: it may take 1-2 days for the Trade-in banner to appear in My Account from the time that the new activation or hardware upgrade was completed.
When I trade in my old phone, do I need to include the phone charger or accessories?
No. Only the phone, battery and battery cover are required.
Can I trade in more than one phone at a time?
We can only accept one phone per trade-in.
When can I trade in my phone?
Submit your trade-in request within 30 days of your online activation or upgrade.
How long does the trade-in estimate last?
The trade-in estimate is subject to the final phone evaluation and is valid for 45 days from the date you accept the estimate.
What devices are accepted for trade in?
At this time, you can only trade in smartphones online.
Do I need to do anything before sending my phone to you?
Yes. Before mailing us your old phone, please disable all security features, PINs, swipe and security codes; back up your personal information; remove memory cards; deactivate accounts (i.e. Find My iPhone, Google Activation Lock, Samsung Find My Mobile, Mobile Device Management, etc.); reset your phone; and fully charge the battery.
Please ensure that you have completed an online trade-in request before shipping your phone to us for the final evaluation, using the prepaid shipping label provided. A copy of the shipping label will also be emailed to you once the online request is submitted.
Once I have traded in my phone, is it possible to get it back?
All trade-ins are final. Once you have mailed your phone, it cannot be returned to you under any circumstances.