SETTING UP A SMARTWATCH PLAN WITH NUMBERSHARE ON YOUR SAMSUNG SMARTWATCH.
Setting up a Smartwatch plan
If you have the latest Samsung smartwatch with cellular connectivity, you can connect it to the Virgin Plus network by signing up for a Smartwatch plan with NumberShare™.
This lets you make calls, send messages and stay connected with just your smartwatch – even when you’re away from your smartphone.
To set up a Smartwatch plan with NumberShare, you’ll need:
- A Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 or Watch 5 Pro with cellular connectivity (updated to the latest software).
- An eligible Virgin Plus Mobility postpaid plan with data.
- Samsung Galaxy smartphone (S7/7+ or higher, or higher, A8/A5/J3 or higher) operating on Android 6.0 or higher.
- Make sure both your smartphone and Samsung smartwatch are updated to the latest software.
- To update your smartphone software: on your phone, go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
- To update your Samsung smartwatch software: on your smartphone, open the Galaxy Wearable app and then select Watch Settings > Watch Software Update > Download and Install
- A My Account profile associated with the primary phone number. Register for My Account if you haven’t already done so.
Samsung smartwatches with cellular connectivity have an eSIM (a built-in SIM card), so you don’t need a separate SIM card.
You’ll be prompted to set up a Smartwatch plan when you first pair your Samsung smartwatch with your smartphone. If you don’t set it up right away, you can do it later through the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone. Make sure that your Samsung smartwatch is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network and has Bluetooth switched on.
- Ensure your smartwatch is charged and powered on.
- If necessary, tap the display to begin.
- Ensure the desired language is selected.
- On your smartphone, ensure the Galaxy Wearable app is installed and updated. If necessary, download it from your smartphone's app store.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Touch Start.
- Touch Samsung Galaxy Watch if prompted.
- Confirm that the number displayed on both your smartphone and watch match, then tap Confirm (on both devices if prompted).
- Follow with the app instructions and review the Terms and conditions. Choose your preferred options and Continue.
- If requested, either sign in or skip Google and Samsung Account setup.
- Turn the available notifications on or off as desired and Continue.
- On the Set up a mobile plan touch Next. If the smartphone has two SIMs, choose the one you want to activate the watch on.
- Choose the Smartwatch desired plan and touch Continue.
- Fill in your My Account username and password and touch Continue.
- Review the NumberShare additional terms and touch Accept & continue.
- Review your smartwatch plan billing details and touch Submit.
- Wait for the activation to be completed and touch Done.
- Continue to follow the prompts on your smartphone to confirm activation on the Virgin Plus network.
- Wait for the plan to be activated. You will receive a message indicating your smartwatch is now activated on the network and then touch Done.
- Wait for the smartphone to finish up the smartwatch setup.
- Your smartwatch will display a message indicating the setup is complete.
- After the pairing is complete, make sure your smartwatch has the latest software.
- On your smartphone, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Touch Watch Settings.
- Touch Watch Software Update.
- Touch Download and install if necessary.
For additional help and information about Samsung smartwatches, visit the Samsung support site
Coverage and roaming
On compatible smartwatches, LTE connectivity works in Canada where there is VoLTE coverage. International roaming is currently not available.
Outside of VoLTE coverage areas, you can use your smartwatch with Bluetooth.
Using Samsung smartwatch without your smartphone nearby
If your Samsung smartwatch has a Smartwatch plan with NumberShare, you can use it independently, even if your smartphone is in a different location.
Your smartwatch must be turned on in order for your smartwatch to send and receive text messages, iMessages and email. You can however make and receive calls from your Samsung smartwatch when your smartphone is turned off or out of battery.