BLACKBERRY DEVICE AND SERVICE – END OF LIFE
Effective end of day January 4, 2022, BlackBerry is ending support for non-Android BlackBerry devices running on the following software versions:
- BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier
- BlackBerry 10
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and earlier
As of that date, talk (including calls to 911), text, data, and some BlackBerry apps will be unreliable and are not guaranteed to work on any carrier network, including Virgin Plus’. To stay connected and avoid service disruption, switch the SIM card to a supported phone, or get a new phone.
Please refer to BlackBerry’s FAQ page for more information on end of life from the device manufacturer.
Got questions? We can help.
Swap your SIM to another device: If you own another device, you may simply move your current SIM from your BlackBerry device to your other device. If you require a new SIM card because your SIM does not fit into your new device, please visit a store for a SIM card replacement.
If you require a replacement device or SIM card today:
- Visit a Store: We can help set you up with a new device or SIM card at one of our stores (while supplies last).
Alternate ways to get a replacement device (not applicable to prepaid Members):
- Self Serve On-line: Log in to your account to view options available to you.
- By Phone: For any question or to discuss your options contact us
The following devices will no longer operate reliably as of end of day January 4, 2022.
BlackBerry 10 software:
- BlackBerry Classic
- BlackBerry Passport
- BlackBerry Leap
- BlackBerry Z10, Z30, Z3
- BlackBerry Q10, Q5
- Porsche Design P’9982 from BlackBerry
- Porsche Design P’9983 from BlackBerry
BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier (including but not limited to):
- BlackBerry Bold: 9900/9930, 9790, 9650, 9788, 9700, 9000
- BlackBerry Curve: 9380, 9370/9360/9350, 9330/9300, 9320/9315/9310/9220, 8530/8520, 9380, 8900/8980, 8300/8310/8320/8330/8350i
- BlackBerry Torch: 9860/9850, 9810, 9800
- BlackBerry Storm: 9500/9530, 9520/9550
- BlackBerry Pearl: 9100, 8100/8110/8120/8130, 8220/8230
- BlackBerry 9720
- BlackBerry 9620
- Porsche Design P’9981 from BlackBerry
- BlackBerry Tour 9630
- BlackBerry Style 9670
- BlackBerry 8800/8820/8830
- BlackBerry 7130
- BlackBerry 8700/8707
- BlackBerry 7100
- BlackBerry 7290
- BlackBerry 7730
- BlackBerry 7230
- BlackBerry 6720
- BlackBerry 6230
BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and earlier:
- BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE/3G+
- BlackBerry PlayBook
In addition, the following BlackBerry services will be terminated:
- BlackBerry desktop software
- BlackBerry Link
- BlackBerry Blend
- BlackBerry Protect
- BlackBerry Password Keeper
- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry Messenger
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- BlackBerry Internet Services
BlackBerry Android devices are not impacted and will continue to function.
BlackBerry Android devices:
- BlackBerry Motion
- BlackBerry DTEK 50
- BlackBerry Priv
- BlackBerry KeyOne
- BlackBerry Key2
- BlackBerry Key2 LE
Please visit the BlackBerry Support page below based on the Operating System of your BlackBerry device you are looking to backup content for: