TRAVELLING WITH YOUR DEVICE.
CONNECTING TO A NETWORK
- When you power on your device, it will select a network for you. If you want to change the network you're using, you can select a network through the "manual network selection" option on your phone. For instructions on how to change the network, consult your user guide or the device tutorials from our smartphone support section. Just select your device from the drop-down menu.
- You'll receive a welcome message from Virgin Plus with the standard roaming rates in that country.
USING DATA, EMAIL AND CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET
- If you’d like to use the internet on your phone or tablet when travelling outside Canada, you’ll need to grab a Travel Data Pass. Remember that apps like Facebook, Twitter, Messaging Apps and email use data when you’re not connected to WiFi.
- If you don't plan to use data, disable data services on your phone. For instructions, head to Get To Know Your Phone or Tablet.
MAKING A CALL
To make an international call while abroad, you need to add a "+" symbol in front of the number you’re dialling. To get the "+" symbol on your mobile phone, hold the "0" key for a few seconds until "+" appears on the screen.
PHONING EMERGENCY SERVICES
To reach emergency services while roaming on an LTE, HSPA or GSM network, dial 1-1-2.
YOU CAN CONTACT VIRGIN PLUS WHILE TRAVELLING ABROAD USING THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS:
- From a Virgin Plus phone: + 1 416 348-1892
- From a landline phone in the U.S.: 1 888 999-2321
We recommended users who are traveling to add a PIN (personalized identification number) to their account; this will allow for a faster validation process should you need to contact us while roaming. Setup PIN.
My Virgin Plus phone was stolen/lost while travelling:
If your phone or SIM card is lost or stolen while you're travelling, report it immediately by calling one of the numbers above to avoid being held responsible for fraudulent charges.