Can I authorize other Members on my account to make account changes on my behalf?
As the main account holder, you can authorize other Members to make account changes on your behalf. There are 3 ways you can give authority to other Members:
- Designate a Member to have account management capabilities, as described below
- Authorize a Member to unblock data, if data becomes blocked. We strongly advise you authorize all Members on your account to unblock data to ensure no one experiences any loss of service due to data blocking.
- Authorize a Member to purchase travel passes and daily roaming data with Roam Sweet Roam - with home data and Roam Sweet Roam with 500MB.
designate a member with account management capabilities to:
Members you designate to manage your account can:
- Change rate plan or add-ons
- Add roaming add-ons
- Transfer the responsibility of a mobile phone to themselves
- Renew a contract
- Upgrade a phone
- Cancel a mobile number or wireless account
- Change the payment method when on a pre-authorized credit card payment plan using their own card
- Set an account password, which provides an added level of security
Only the account holder can:
- Transfer the responsibility of a mobile phone to others
- Activate additional mobile numbers
- Reactivate an account that was cancelled for non-payment
- Upgrade from Prepaid to a monthly plan
- Set up an allowance or automatic top-up payments on Prepaid plans
- Complete a risk assessment and credit verification
- Manage authorized Members on the account
- Choose preferred communication method (email, text, or both)
- Block select Members from incurring data overage charges
To designate a Member to have account management capabilities, contact us.
authorize a member to unblock data:
For safety, we strongly recommend that you authorize all Members on your account to unblock data. This ensures that there is no loss of service at any time for any Member on your account, especially in emergency situations.
Members you authorize to unblock data on your account can:
- Unblock data when the account reaches $50 in domestic data overages
To authorize a Member to unlock data:
- Log into My Account.
- In the Quick Links section, click on Edit Mobility Data Block Settings
- Click on Edit Settings
- Click on Edit Select Users to Select or De-Select Users who are Authorized to block or unblock data
You can review and make changes to your account online anytime at virginplus.ca/myaccount, or by downloading the Virgin Plus My Account App on your device.
AUTHORIZE A MEMBER TO PURCHASE TRAVEL PASSES, ADDITIONAL ROAM SWEET ROAM WITH HOME DATA MAX SPEEDS & ROAM SWEET ROAM WITH 500MB PASSES.
All Members can add Roam Sweet Roam with home data and Roam Sweet Roam with 500MB to their phone.
However, only Members you authorize to purchase roaming passes can:
- Purchase Travel Passes
- Purchase additional Roam Sweet Roam with home data max speeds
- Purchase additional Roam Sweet Roam with 500MB passes
To designate someone to purchase Travel Passes, Roam Sweet Roam with home data & Roam Sweet Roam with 500MB additional daily data, please contact us.