UNDERSTANDING YOUR INTERNET BILL.
Your first Internet bill will be a bit different than your future bills. So, here's some handy dandy need-to-knows.
- You will get one bill whether you have both Mobile and Internet, or Internet only.
- Internet service is billed one month in advance – just like Mobile.
- On your first bill, you’ll see a proration charge for the Internet service you received leading up to the first day of your regular billing cycle.
- Your Internet usage is calculated based on your billing cycle.
- Usage overages you incur will appear on your next bill.
YOUR FIRST BILL
You are charged one month in advance for Internet service. So, on your first bill, you’ll see two charges:
- 1 A charge for your next month’s Virgin Internet service in advance based on your billing cycle dates.
- 2 A prorated amount for the first month of Internet leading up to your billing cycle.
YOUR SECOND BILL
Your Internet usage is calculated based on your billing cycle.
- 3If you’re not on an Unlimited Internet plan, any usage overages you incur previous billing cycle will show in the other charges section of your second bill.
If you're on the Internet Unlimited plan, usage ain't no thang so you won't see any overage charges.
YOUR INTERNET BILL: THE NITTY GRITTY
On your first bill, you’ll see a partial charge for the Internet access you received leading up to the first day of your regular billing cycle.
Basically, this is a daily rate based on the calendar month from the date you activated your Internet service to the date your first full billing cycle begins.
USAGE OVERAGE CHARGES
If you’re not on an Unlimited plan, your Internet usage is calculated based on your billing cycle dates. So any usage overages you incur during your first billing cycle will show in the “other charges” section of your bill.
You’ll get a notification when you’ve exceeded 90% and 100% of your monthly usage.